We sent out a note to all of our past clients recently, sharing with them the current state of the market. The summary of the letter was, homes are selling faster and for more money than in years past and their is a lack of supply driving the prices up. Shortly after we sent this letter, our dear friends and clients the Pattersons, reached out and expressed interest in selling their condo and buying that dream home on the Bay they had always talked about. So how did it turn out for the Pattersons?
Sale of their condo:
- Sold in less than a week. Went on the market on Tuesday and had a full price offer on Saturday. We held an open house on Saturday and had 10 potential buyers come through and 1 of them ended up being the buyer who we are under contract with.
- Sold for 6% more or $15,000 more than any other condo sold for last year
- Closing in 30 days from contract ratification
Purchase of their Dream Home:
- New construction home directly across from the Chesapeake Bay.
- Purchased for less than asking price with a long list of additional upgrades at builders expense.
- Moving in in time for warm weather and sunshine